India is a super-racist country and in our land people with fair skin are considered superior. Caucasians are almost worshipped not just for their skin, but also because of their dollar value.
But that’s another discussion. Let’s focus on lightening your brown skin. Here are a few homemade formulas:
- Gently rub yoghurt on your face for about 5 minutes. You can also add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of oatmeal to make a thick paste and use it as a face pack.
Whatever you choose to apply, wash your face after 5 minutes of application and pat dry. Yoghurt contains lactic acid, a natural bleaching agent that lightens your skin tone.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of tomato juice with a few drops of lemon juice. Apply the mix on the face and neck with a cotton ball.
Leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse with water.
Tomato and lemon contain vitamin C and have astringent properties that can lighten your skin tone. This remedy is very beneficial for those suffering from acne prone skin because the natural acidic composition of tomato and lemon balance the pH and control excessive oil production.
- Apply pure honey on your face and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
Wash off with lukewarm water.
Honey is a natural moisturizer and its antibacterial properties remove dead skin cells unravelling healthy, youthful and fresh skin.
- Ground ½ cup of uncooked rice and add some milk to it to make a paste. Apply the paste and leave it on for about 20 to 30 minutes.
Wash with lukewarm water.
The para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA) present in rice is a natural sunscreen and protects your skin from environmental pollutants (agents that darken your skin). Its vitamin E content and antioxidants regenerate new cells and rebuild damaged cells.
- Gently massage warm almond oil on dark skin areas for about 10 to 15 minutes. Clean excess oil with a tissue paper and then wash with lukewarm water.
Niacinamide, vitamin E, B vitamins, and fatty acids present in almonds help lighten skin and fight aging signs like wrinkles and fine lines.
- Cut the outer layer of aloe vera leaves and extract the thick gel like material. Rub it on dark skin areas for about 15 minutes and then wash with water.
The aloin present in aloe vera regulates melanin production and lightens skin tone. The natural healing properties of aloe vera make skin smooth, soft and bright.
- Multani Mitti (Fuller’s Earth) is an excellent absorber and can help you lighten your skin tone so long you use it regularly (up to 2 times per week, and for several months) (if your skin is dry, apply it once per week).
Just buy the Multani Mitti pieces and stay away from the powder because when multani mitti is crushed, the heat can rob it of its efficiency. Flipkart sells Multani Mitti in its natural state.
Use any of these homemade mixes to get a fair skin complexion, if you are really desperate for one.
Powered by Facebook Comments