Multani Mitti or Fuller’s Earth or Bentonite is a material that has formed naturally on Mother Earth right since its Jurassic days.
This material is an aluminum silicate, a clay mineral that is also termed as evolved volcanic ash — meaning volcanic ash that has lasted millions of years and evolved. Deposits of Multani Mitti that have been protected by nature are mined and sold. It is very rich in calcium, manganese, iron and a few other minerals.
This is a fantastically absorbent material that can easily and safely extract deep set toxins. Aside from being a helpful skin care material, Multani Mitti also helps in hair care by strengthening hair, stopping hair loss and preventing dandruff.
So how does this material work on hair? Here are the facts:
How Multani Mitti Removes Toxins and Fixes Hair Loss Problems
Hair loss mainly occurs because of toxins and impurities in the skin which ruin hair health and cause it to fall off. Of course, hair loss can happen because of other factors such as stress and genes as well, but when it happens because of toxins, it can be fixed by Multani Mitti.
The mitti is a highly absorbent ingredient and after it is applied to the hair, it works by sucking out the poisons lodged inside the scalp thereby cleaning it thoroughly and improving blood circulation. This action makes hair healthy and helps stop hair fall.
All you have to do is pour some water on Multani Mitti pieces and wait for it to turn into slush. Once it does, apply it on your scalp and leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash it with a mild shampoo.
You should regain hair health inside of 6 weeks.
How Multani Mitti Helps Hair Growth
Multani Mitti is absorbent and therefore, it can at best suck out toxins, detangle, nourish and soften your hair. It cannot, on its own, help hair regrowth.
However when you add Reetha (Soapnut), Shikakai and Amla to it, you end up creating an extremely potent hair pack that can help hair growth and dramatically reduce dandruff.
Do this soak 2 tablespoons of reetha, shikakai and amla for 12 hours. Squeeze out the seeds. Boil the mixture until the water reduces by 50%.
Now add some water to pieces of Multani Mitti and let it turn into slush. Mix the Reetha, Shikakai and Amla concoction into it and make a paste. Apply it on hair and leave it on for at least 1 hour. Rinse with a mild shampoo.
You will likely see results after about 2 months of regular application (2 times per week). These two packs should do the trick.
Advantages of a Multani Mitti Hair Pack
- It prevents split ends from forming.
- It makes the hair smooth, bouncy, silky and strong.
- It helps contain hair loss and triggers hair growth.
- It works fantastic especially on oily hair, leaving it soft and manageable.
- It extracts the impurities lodged inside each pore.
- Multani Mitti is a well-known dandruff fighter.
- One of its greatest advantages is that it does not strip away your natural oils, like shampoos do.
- It increases blood circulation and triggers hair growth.
How to Apply A Multani Mitti Hair Pack
- Comb your hair and clean tangles, if any.
- You can wet your hair (mildly) if you like.
- Place a towel around your shoulders (to catch the Multani Mitti slush).
- If you have dry or very thick hair, avoid rubbing the hair pack on the roots or scalp. Apply it on the body of the hair.
- Let the mask on for about 20 minutes. Do not allow the Multani Mitti to dry and cake.
- Wash off the mask gently. Use cold water because it seals the cuticles nicely.
Hope this guide helped. Contact us if you want more information or if you’d like to buy 100% natural and genuine Multani Mitti that is sourced from its origins.
Powered by Facebook Comments