Collagen is a protein that binds the epidermis (upper layer of skin) cells together. Tight binding of cells prevents the occurrence of fine lines and wrinkles. As we age, our body’s collagen production slows down, and that makes the epidermis loose and saggy, making us look old.
There are many ways to induce the collagen production. One of the most effective ways is to use a collagen serum because it works immediately soon after coming in direct contact with the skin.
Skinapeel’s collagen serum contains:
- Aqua (water) which keeps skin supple and soft by increasing the moisture retention capability of the cells. It also makes the skin look fuller thereby reducing signs of aging.
- Hydrolyzed collagen, which enhances the strength and support base of the underlying layers of the skin.
- Vitamin A, which exfoliates the skin, removes dead skin cells and improves the skin’s appearance. It also increases blood flow to the dermis and stimulates collagen production.
- Tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E), which is a powerful antioxidant responsible for proper cell function and metabolism. It heals damaged cells or replaces them with new ones and also removes dead skin cells.
- Allantoin, an anti inflammatory compound that soothes the skin by stimulating its moisture holding capacity. It makes the skin vibrant and smooth by softening the keratin (a tough protein found in the outer layer of the skin).
How Does This Collagen Serum Work?
When Skinapeel’s collagen serum is applied on the skin, its ingredients try to penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin and directly deliver nutrients. But the serum cannot enter the pores because its molecules are bigger than the pore size.
So, what happens is that the serum works more like a topical application that fills in the fine lines, improves the moisture retention capacity of the skin and stimulates protein production. All these benefits firm up the skin gradually and reduce signs of ageing.
That said, Skinapeel collagen serum, or any other serum for that matter, shows results only if it is applied regularly.
One advantage of this serum is that it is lighter than other collagen creams and works great on oily skin. It also can be washed very easily.
How To Apply Skinapeel’s Serum?
- Cleanse your face (use a gentle cleanser). Cleaning removes dirt, oil and residue buildup from the skin and makes serum more effective.
- Apply the collagen serum directly on the face using two fingers because finger-application does not waste any serum.
- Apply the serum in gentle circular motions. Don’t pull or stretch at the facial skin because it will result in sagging and you will not get the desired result.
- Apply a light moisturizer after the serum application, especially if the serum you use leaves the skin dry. If you skin is oily, skip this step.
- Apply a sunscreen to round off proceedings. It prevents UV rays from breaking down the collagen and thereby makes the serum more effective.
How Many Drops of Serum To Apply?
You should apply 1-3 drops to the affected area, and no more.
For best results, a collagen serum should be applied twice daily.
Morning: Cleanse your face, apply serum and then use a sunscreen. The sunscreen protects the collagen from harmful UV exposure.
Night: Cleanse face to remove dirt, grime and makeup. Apply the serum and follow it up with a moisturizer that is suited to your skin.
This is all you need to know about Skinapeel’s collagen serum. Remember that we have not reviewed the product and all the specific facts mentioned above are from the manufacturer, who is reputed in UK.
Powered by Facebook Comments