It’s a given that many women have flawed skin. Flaws occur because genes, environment and lifestyle combine together to impact your complexion. And probably, no woman exists on Mother Earth who doesn’t use concealers! It makes every dark spot, blemish and an uneven skin tone vanish into thin air.
Here’re some revealing facts about concealers:
- You should apply concealer only on the affected area. Applying it all over can result in a dull, caked look.
- A concealer’s texture is different than a foundation’s. Concealers are thicker and drier, and they stick. If you do not use it right, its marks will show. Therefore, the first rule is not to apply too much.
- Use a moist and creamy concealer on areas below your eyes.
- Use a dry concealer to hide acne breakouts.
- If you use a stick concealer, buy both creamy and dry varieties. Use the creamy stick on delicate skin (under the eyes) and the dry stick on marks, capillaries, spots, etc.
- Pot concealers are mostly used by salon pros. These provide full coverage and are available in different formulas.
- Tube concealers have a lighter texture which is why they do not accumulate in fine lines, making them a solid choice for older people. You can even mix these with your foundation.
- Do not use a concealer to hide a slight discoloration. Try applying a second layer of foundation instead.
- You can apply the concealer before foundation for lighter coverage and over foundation for fuller coverage.
- Women with dry skin should avoid matte-finished liquid conditioners; Women with oily skin should stay away from oily and creamy concealers because these may clog pores and add unnecessary shine.
- Use different concealers for different problem areas.
Yellow concealer — For uneven skin tone. It equalizes the overall skin tone.
Green concealer — For red spots,acne and blemishes. I neutralizes the red zones. Green neutralizes the dark blue hue very effectively.
Pink concealer — For dark blue areas like dark spots and under eye circles.
- Dip a cotton swab in concealer to clean up stray mascara. You are cleaning and covering up the problem area at the same time. Voila!
Image credits: zuri.in
Powered by Facebook Comments