They say ‘Eyes are the windows to the soul’, which may be why we girls invest so much time and effort in putting on mascara, shadows and liners.
Many women love to make their eyes the most defining facial feature or try out every mascara brand that promises to lengthen and thicken their lashes. Some of us also use false lashes to get that amazing fluttering effect. There are even some prescription medications that claim to enhance your lashes.
While some of us stick to our trusted mascara for life, others cannot follow our example because of allergic reactions or infections. There are many others who don’t like to put on makeup every morning but still want their lashes to look a little more appealing. And the rest are lazy enough to save themselves from the hassle of smudging and cleansing ritual.
All the fuss and hassle of mascara is overcome by another method — eyelash tinting!
Eyelash tinting is just like dyeing your lashes, and in some cases, eyebrows too. If you ever choose this method then you must hire a trained professional. Eyes are the most sensitive part of your body and even a tiny mistake can cause an injury or infection.
Here are some pros and cons of both mascara and eyelash tinting that’ll help you decide:
- Lengthens and thickens your lashes and also darkens them
- Can be easily wiped off with a makeup remover
- Easy application
- Quick and inexpensive
- You can switch the color whenever you want
- Generally safe and hypoallergenic
- Sometimes can cause infection and allergies
- Can look unnatural
- May smudge because of sweat or tears
- Must be cleaned before going to bed
Eyelash Tinting Pros:
- Beneficial for women with very light-colored brows or lashes
- Lasts for about five to six weeks with no reapplication
- No maintenance needed
- Doesn’t streak when wet
- Can match the color perfectly to your skin tone and hair color
Eyelash Tinting Cons:
- Hazardous if applied incorrectly
- Has the potential to cause allergies or eye damage
- Many dyes claim to be natural, but can contain tar and coal
- Can stain skin
- Does not lengthen or thicken eyelashes but simply darkens them
Be cautious always do a patch test before performing eyelash tinting. It will make sure that you are not prone to any allergies or infections.
Powered by Facebook Comments